Sunday 18 October 2015

BOARD AND BATTEN

Hello Everyone


My latest project is a fake wainscotting. Firstly the  idea was to create it behind my kitchen table to add some country look into it. Then I decided to extend it to adjacent wall. Once I begin, I liked it so much so decided to go with a hall as well. To Avoid measuring and cutting part I used standard size boards from Bunnings.




I started from painting the upper areas of the wall. The colour I chosen is some kind of ocean blue. The idea is to create  cottage beach look . 




After painting I measured up the distance between boards and glued them in to the wall. I used concrete glue.



Next and last step was to paint the lower area with white.







Some of the Before After photos



The whole area still needs some final touches. During my holidays back home ( two months ago ), I bought some great decorative things, I am going to use them to style it up. I have sent them by post and  they should arriving here within 4 to 6 weeks. I am also working on the gallery. I am going to write a separate post about this project. Then I will add more before after photos. Unfortunately today is raining and I do not have a good light to take nice quality pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment